A while ago I found this keyboard assembly on an electronics surplus site (or was it a seller on ebay that was also ran an electronics surplus company?). Either way it's a nifty set of keys. A few are padprinted, but most are doubleshots. Either way the module was either pulled from a system that saw very little use or was a replacement part that was never used.
Note the bizarre switch orientation (rotated 90 degrees), and the fact that the plate appears to have been glued on top after the switches were soldered into the PCB.
For these reasons I have decided that a new plate and PCB are necessary, in addition to creating a case for this thing.
The layout is a bit DECish, so I'm thinking I may add at least one key to the bottom row.
I have a set of Keyreative blank keycaps in a putrid "Prussian" blue color that includes 2u spacebar keys so I may use them to flank the spacebar and minimize "clashing" with the stepped keys used in the rest of the keyboard.
This board in particular is an inspiration of sorts regarding the larger bottom row modifiers.